Here you will find information on:
coaching Highly Sensitive People (HSP) by skype, whatsapp video, Facetime, phone or face to face
workshops and trainings
our publications in English on HSP and other subjects
As senior coaches/therapists, we have been studying and working in the field of helping people for more than 30 years. We work with people of all ages and backgrounds on an individual basis, as well as with groups, and offer training and coaching for professionals (mostly therapists and coaches). We deal with a wide variety of issues in personal development, but we are specialized in working with Highly Sensitive People. Based on the work we have done with clients, we have written and published 11 books in Dutch, some of which have been translated into German, Spanish and English (see below). We give sessions and trainings in Dutch, English and German.
Our practice specializes in working with Highly Sensitive People. Being highly sensitive is not something that you have to learn to live with, it is something you can change! For most people, learning to change their hyper-sensitivity is not difficult, so long as you take it step-by-step. Starting with the first exercise you do, you will feel your life improving. In addition to working with adults, we also work with children and any sensitivities that they might have. When working with very young children, it sometimes is important to start working with the parents first, before the child, as children typically resonate with, and reflect, the patterns of their parents.
Coaching by Skype, FaceTime, Whatsapp video or by phone
If you do not live in, or near, the Netherlands, we would be more than happy to meet with you over the phone, or on Skype, Facetime or Whatsapp video. We have had excellent results using this method for our coaching. Working this way is also very convenient because you can do it from anywhere in the world!
How does it work?
To make the first contact:
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be sure to include your phone number and where you are living, or staying, so that we can contact you on your local time.
- Phone us at 0031481422114. You can reach us Monday through Friday between 9:15 and 10:00am, Dutch time. If that time does not work for you, you can call at any time and leave a message, or send us an email. We will get back to you as soon as possible to schedule the first appointment.
How to pay
- A session of 1 hour up to 1 hour and 15 minutes costs €140,00. You can also book a double session (2-2,5 hours). This is inclusive 21% VAT.
- We except payments through Paypal or by bank transfer. Invoices will be sent to you by email.
- If you pay by bank, you might need the following information:
- Name of our bank: ING Bank N.V.
- Physical address of our bank: ING Bank N.V.; PO Box 1800;1000 BV Amsterdam (zipcode and town); Netherlands
- Sort code: BIC Code/ Swift Code: INGBNL2A
- Our name as it appears on the account: De Verbinding
- Account number: NL35INGB0004343147
- Our address: Kruistraat 21 (street and number); 6691EP Gendt (zipcode and town); Netherlands
- Our phone number: 0031(0)481422114
Dates 2019: August 12, 13, 14, 15
Time: We start each of the 4 days at 10.00am and end at 4.30pm.
Location: Kruisstraat 21; 6691EP Gendt (name of the village); Netherlands
Language: Dutch and English
Maximum number of participants: 8
Fee: € 640,-.
Food and where to stay overnight: we do not supply lunch or dinner during the training, nor can you stay overnight at our place. However, we can help you find a location, f.e. through AIRBNB, B&B, hotel, campground. And of course we can advice you on where to eat.
About the training
This training is a four day intensive for Higly Sensitive People. Highly sensitive people perceive so much more than non HSP. They do this through their chakra’s and aura. Chakra’s can perceive in the full spectrum of our reality: from that what is noble to that what is the very opposite. In this training we will teach you how to focus your perception on the high end only. This will bring you inner peace, grounding, inner direction, happiness.
HSP’s often have an extended aura, with wich they communicate with their environment. Often the focus of perception is more in this subtle body, than in the physical body. Because of this, they often perceive very well what is going on in their environment, but experience difficulties in connecting inwards: feeling your self, knowing what yoú want, need. In In this training we teach you how to turn inwards, so that you can connect more with your inner self: how you feel yourself, what you need, want, etc.
We teach you in this group how to stay well connected with your self, while you are among people, f.e. if someone in this group starts crying, we teach you how to stay well connected with your self so that you relate with this crying person from a position of compassion, not loosing your self in the other persons emotions. You will experience that this is so much better for you ánd for the person who is emotional.
Some sensitive persons make themselves small when meeting other people. This is an inconvenient position, for you ánd for the other person. We teach you and let you experience how enlarging your solar plexus (third chakra) changes this completely. We train this with the group.
Once you connect more inwardly, you are likely to feel more. How to deal with (all) these new inner emotions? We teach you a very effective mindful way of feeling and breathing to enable your body organs to transform the emotional energy … fast!
Our way of training is gentle, allways respectfull. There is a good chance that these 4 days will be a real lifechanger for all of the participants.
Sensitive people often are not so enthousiastic about the idea of participating in a group training. They expect to be exhausted halfway the first day! It is our experience, again and again, that this does not happen at all, because of the way we train the participants to keep their energy to themselves and not merge with other persons energy.
language: the first language in this training is Dutch. However I will explain everything and guide you through the excercises in English. Dutch people usually understand English very well and are able and willing to communicate with you in English.
You are welcome to ask for more information: email@example.com
The picture on the left shows the view from our gardenhouse, our summer training location.
We are located at about 100 km from Schiphol Airport (the main Dutch airport) and Amsterdam. You can get to us by train (starting right from the airport) and by bus (stopping right in front of our house and practice). All information on public transport you can get at: https://9292.nl/
Dates 2019: this training is not scheduled for 2019
Language: Dutch and English
Maximum number of participants: 10
Fee: 695,00 (inclusive 21% VAT) Euros
Food and where to stay overnight: we do not supply lunch or dinner during the training, nor can you stay overnight at our place. However, we can help you find a location, i.e. through AIRBNB, B&B, hotel, campground. And of course we can advise you on where to eat.
About the training
People can get stuck in their emotions in so many ways. How can we help ourselves, a friend or client in a situation like that? In this training, we teach profound insights on dealing with emotions and we will teach you several effective techniques. We will work as a group and in couples. When you work as a couple, you will either be the one that does an emotional process, or you are the helper. Being in both positions helps to deeper understand the details of the techniques that we teach.
Here is a limited overview of what we like to teach during these five days. However, do keep in mind that a training like this is very dynamic and interactive. This means that the emphasis that we give to specific issues depends on the needs and the qualities of the people we train.
- Mindful attention is what is needed for any emotional process, in order to be effective.
- Feeling, daring to feel, is the second aspect that is so important. People avoid feeling in so many ways. How can we help ourselves or someone else to feel?
- Insight, understanding, is the third component. Where is this emotion coming from, what is it related to? Inner communication is what is needed for this.
- Confrontation is an important factor at any level of the process of dealing with emotions. The confrontation can be with yourself, but also with another person.
- Simultaneously touching the head in the front and in the back is a very successful technique for opening up stagnated emotional processes at the brain level.
- The correct breathing activates the parasympathetic system in the body. Organs then process the energy of emotions so the body then effectively transforms your emotional energy. However, when emotional processes are stuck, people usually breathe in the opposite way, activating the sympathetic nervous system. This system prepares the body for the fight, flight or freeze mode, while blocking the organs from dealing with emotional energy. When this is the pattern, you can over and over again feel the pain, without changing the pain.
- The trinity of mindful attention, feeling and the correct breath is perfect for dealing with emotions fast, effectively and with relatively little pain. A perfect tool for a healthy emotional life.
- Some people are their emotions. They are identified with their emotions. They believe their emotions to be truth and act accordingly. However, the level of truth of the emotional level often is not that high or profound. With the above mentioned insights and skills, there will grow a distance between you and the emotion: de-identification with the emotion.
- Going through layer of emotions, one by one, is a technique that helps you to experience even deeper that you are not the emotion; that emotions often are a complex of layers and experiences. That you can go through such an emotional layer in a short time, using mindful attention; that you can go through layer after layer, finally to transcend the emotional layer, into the spiritual layer of the heart, where there is inner peace.
- Once you are no longer identified with your emotional layer, you can start to experience that you can shift from the emotional dimension into your spiritual dimension, as an act of free will. This spiritual dimension gives you new ideas, new solutions, new inspiration, new goals that were all out of your reach while being stuck in the emotional layer.
We have both, for more than 40 years, been active in the field of working with people: as students or as coaches, trainers, and authors. We have both studied for over 10,000 hours; we have given tens of thousands of sessions; we have developed and given many trainings; we have written 11 books on our work with people. What we teach in these 5 days are the fruit of all this passionate studying and working with people.
The training will be presented in Dutch and English. Dutch people usually understand and speak English well. Our intention is that both Dutch and non-Dutch speaking participants will understand what is important for them to understand.
You are welcome to ask for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Books we have written
Based on our combined work together, we have written 11 books. Six titles are now available in English. Three of these books are about being a Highly Sensitive Person. Some of our titles are available in German and/or Spanish. You can find these publications on Amazon.
Info about English books on Amazon
Below you will find helpful instructions about purchasing our English books at Amazon. Most are available either as paper copy or Kindle Ebook.
- You do not need a Kindle Reader!
- You can either read
- through their free online Kindle Cloud reader, which opens in your Safari/Chrome/etc browser. You login with your Amazon account. Or
- install a free Kindle Reading app on your own device.
- Kindle books are available in US, UK, DE, FR, ES, IT, JP, NL, BR, CA, MX, AU and IN.
- If Amazon does not have a website in your country, try out which Amazon website allows you to purchase the Kindle book. For example, from Holland you can purchase Kindle books from the Amazon.com site but not from Amazon.co.uk.
- Available in US, UK, DE, FR, ES, IT, and JP
- If Amazon does not have a presence in your country, shop around at the other websites of Amazon. Postage and delivery time can vary significantly between their sites. So pay attention. The book will be exactly the same regardless of the amazon site!
List of our English publications on Amazon
In each of the three books on Energetic Protection we describe different aspects and techniques. So most of the content of each book is unique in comparison to the other titles. You can read the books in any order.
Dealing with emotions effectively and easily
We have developed a simple technique for dealing with emotions that we have successfully used with our clients, thousands of times. It is amazingly effective, and once you know the technique, it’s easy to use anywhere, anytime. You can use this technique:
- For yourself, to deal with your emotions.
- For yourself, to stay free from the emotions of the people that are near and dear to you– be it your partner, children, or friends.
- For yourself, to stay free from the emotions of your colleagues and clients in the work place. For example, a police officer dealing with angry people, a teacher dealing with a disruptive class, or a coach or therapist confronted with intense suffering and emotional distress from clients.
- As a parent, to teach your children.
- As a friend, to share with a friend.
- As a professional therapist, coach or counsellor to teach to your clients.
If you want individual support in learning this technique, or if you want to organize a training for lay people or professionals in your country, you are welcome to contact us.
Organising a training in your country
We offer many different workshops and trainings based on the practices we have developed over many years. All of our trainings and workshops take place in the Netherlands. However, if you are interested in organizing a workshop or training in your country, we will work with you to customize a course that meets the needs of your group. For example, we can create a course that is designed for professionals who work with people, or we can design something for a group of non-professionals who are interested in understanding our work, for themselves. If you are interested in organizing a training or workshop with us, in your country, please send us an email, and we will get back to you to discuss further details.